3 May, 1:30pm – 6:30pm AEST
One year on from the start of the COVID-19 pandemic we reflect and look toward the future of the heritage sector. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on heritage practice in the Asia Pacific region? What does the future look like, and the new opportunities created? What are the key lessons for the industry going forward?
Listen to over 20 speakers from the Asia Pacific region as they discuss their experiences and vision for the future of heritage.
Symposium speakers include :
- Vinod Daniel, Chairman of AusHeritage
- Alberto Garlandini, President of ICOM
- Divay Gupta, Principal Director Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage, India
- Hamdan Majeed, Managing Director Think City, Malaysia
- Lalitha Thaigarajah, Conservation Research Centre, Islamic Arts Museum, Malaysia
- Monokrishna Das, Executive BD (Planning and Architecture, Meinhardt, Singapore – India)
- Muhammad Hijas Sahari, Manager George Town World Heritage Incorporated
- Professor Alex Yen, China University of Technology
Date: Monday 3 May 2021
Time: 1.30pm to 5.40pm AEST, followed by a closed session for AusHeritage Members and Partners until 6.30pm.
Cost: Free online event, an event link will be sent to you the day before.
Presented by AusHeritage, in collaboration with international partners China University of Technology, Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage, Meinhardt Group – India, ThinkThrough Consulting – India, Think City – Malaysia, Penang Heritage Trust and George Town World Heritage Incorporated.